Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fragile

My morning was greeted by a very shocking news about the passing of word champ mountain biker, Burry Stander. 5th in the Olympics, won so many championships, bright future ahead, he was 25.

He was doing his normal training and the next thing that happened was a taxi crashed into him.

His dad, also a cyclist was at a bicycle shop nearby heard the crash. Can you imagine how helpless it is for a parent to see his son lying in a pool of blood on a Tarmac road, knowing that there is nothing you can do to help your son?

Just less then 3 months ago, he was still there. Stood right in front of me, He cycled past me, I even made a nameplate for him for the press conference.

My deepest condolences to his family and I'm sure that he'll still ride his bike wherever he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment