Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Change

It's funny how people can change so easily. Just 6 months ago, I can leave my phone aside for three days and yet no incoming calls or unread messages. That's how antisocial I am. I would go out without my phone, and there were days where I don't even switch on my phone.

Then in March, I finally switched my faithful phone of four years to an iPhone. And my cell phone habit changed dramatically. Gone were the days where I'll charge my phone once every 3 days! Gone were the days where my phone bill will cost below RM30.


Well, I am not that annoying friend who had to check his/her phone non stop at the dining table but my phone and I are like Siamese twins now. I cannot and I don't want to imagine how's life without my cell phone. 


I guess the reason for the change in habit is because I am a slave for my e-mails and I have e-mail OCD. I can't stand the sight of a bracket with a number in it! And not forgetting the amount of Spam emails I receive.      *shrugs* Thank whoever who invented the push notification, I am coping better with my email ocd now.

Having a smart phone has definitely increased accessibility. I like the 'on-the-go' idea where if I need something, I can get it easily. Or when people need to look for me, they can reach me easily. I also bought external charger for my phone so that I am 90% reachable. 10% unreachable because I usually switch off my phone when I sleep which is quite ironic because I believe the iPhone is not designed to switch off?

Do you have a smart phone? If yes, how has it changed your cell phone habit?
If no, will you get one?


No comments:

Post a Comment