Sunday, December 16, 2012

Postcode Lottery

Years ago during one of the journalism tutorials, my lecturer assigned the class to read up on this short story that basically highlights about how geography can change a person's life.

The short story is there were two brothers who lives in Washington or was it Hartford, I can't remember. Bro A decided to leave the troubled family and neighborhood to pursuit a better life while Bro B on the other hand stayed on and ended up  in jail.

There was another man, a kind and responsible man who coincidentally lives at Washington/Hartford. And his fate? He was attacked, robbed and murdered by Bro B.

So, the question is does your postcode (the area you live in) determines your fate?

Well, after all when your dreams are too big for your hometown, you leave home right?

For the entire of my life, I have been writing the same postcode. I've relocated once but it still falls under the same area code. Am I a product of 47400?


No comments:

Post a Comment