Thursday, December 13, 2012

Today, I am thankful

Every December, I have this tradition of writing a self reflection / a nut shell post to wrap up the year. I've been blogging for about eight years already so this makes my 8th 'a year in a glance' entry and looking back at my old blogs, this year is definitely one of the best year ever.

January and February was more like a 'fitting in to the corporate world' phase. It was a lot of exploration especially on Microsoft Word and it was also the phase where I want to show people that I can work efficiently.

It was March when I felt more in place but school started so I switched to part time internship. When I'm not in the office, I'm on campus. One of my aims for the year was to get at least a distinction for Authorship so a lot of time in March was spent researching for my assignment.

Another memorable incident that happened in March was I bought an iPhone which caused a tiny revolution in my gadget using habits and I had my very first taste of Formula 1. So how was the taste? One tablespoon of bruise with a pinch of scratches. Ouch!

April and May came and it was peaceful. A little hiccups at exam prep but all was good.

June! I enrolled for Zumba classes with my colleagues and did I mention that I absolutely love Zumba? Although I probably look like an awkward sotong doing aerobics but Zumba was my 60 mins of escapism. When I'm in the studio, I'm a hundred percent into it and blocked out everything else.




Also in June/ July, I talked to people and I realized that I really need to do something with my life and not to be confined by a cubicle. When people ask me what am I up to or what am I interested in, I can't answer them. There is just nothing to shout about or worth mentioning. It was sort of like a quarter life crisis for me. July was my last month of internship. Parents were worried about my future and they tried to talk me in to accept a job offer that I didn't want to. Being their stubborn daughter, I turned down the offer! And not long after that, I found another job!

Then came August and September, the beginning of the more exciting part of my year. It was filled with work and my social circle expanded quite a bit. I've also started playing tennis again...after so many years!

Highlight of September would be the Malaysian Open ATP Kuala Lumpur. That is where I met the funiest and the most inspiring people. Seeing the way they work makes me want to work even harder! I really enjoyed the company, the late nights, A&W, and all the silly names I was called.

October was another hectic month for me. I promised that I will work harder for the mointain bike event and I wanted to challenge myself to see how far I can go. Maybe I went a little haywire after the event but it was all good.

I missed out two months worth of Japanese lessons and Zumba classes. So when I finally get back for classes, which was in November, it felt really really good. Zumba after two months felt so satisfying that it felt like I don't need any double cheeseburger or any other comfort food in my life anymore.

December is alright. Planning a lot of stuff for next year and I have a feeling that 2013 will be a great year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment