Sunday, November 25, 2012

All Eyes on Sao Paulo

Today marks the final race of the 2012 Formula One season.  I have to say this year has been quite an intense year. We have six current and former World Driver's Champions to begin with and not forgetting eight different drivers winning the races throughout the season. Whew.

Today is also the last day Hamilton wil be racing as a driver for team McLaren. Although I am a bigger fan of the the other half of team GBR,  I will definitely miss the rivalry between Lewis and Jenson (as seen on Tooned)

I always thought that they make a really good combo. Lewis can be quite a hot head and aggressive while Jenson is more calm and cool. They are like yin and yang! 

Nevertheless, I look forward to the new blood of team McLaren! Perez is really young and I don't see him breaking Vettle's youngest world champ record but there's a lot to look forward to. It's a big shoe to fill and I hope he is good at voice acting cause Lewis did an awesome job for Tooned!

As for Lewis and Rosberg... I'm not too sure about that and somehow can imagine them not talking to each other haha but we'll see. Something unexpected might form from this new team and I hope that Lewis will get a great car and not murder his skills for the moolah.

On another hand, today is also SchuMi's final race and I have a feeling its going to be an emotional one. Probably not sob fest material but just imagine the thoughts going through his head when he sees a fellow countryman walking away with the title or a driver who raced for his former team that earned him a God like status.

It's no doubt that he's comeback wasn't as good as expected. Or maybe he didn't get a good enough car for him to do his thang. Whatever reason it is, I am sure he is an inspiration to many and with his experience, he would be a great mentor to the younger drivers.

Anyway I am all in for Fab Seb for the champion title. Come on Vettle! Do some magic and pull a hat trick. I'll be all happy happy if I see a huge picture of Vettle at the back page of tomorrow's paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment