Sunday, November 18, 2012

Half a lime

I was never a fan of the fantasy genre. Harry Potter? I don't know. Disney? Not really a fan of it. But watching Ghibli films just makes me wanna drop everything and live in a different world. 

Miyazaki Hayao is a genius, a true auteur indeed.  If his intention is to make his audience's imagination run free,  mine has definitely reached another dimension  at Bolt's speed.

I don't know how to explain but there's a tsunami of emotions in me after watching his films. It's not my first time watching these film but argh..I'm in awe right now (just watched 'Howl's Moving Castle')

I guess when I was younger, everything seems to be so idealistic. My biggest problem was probably missing an episode of Pokemon or doing badly for spelling test. 

The first time I watch 'Spirited Away' was when I was 12 years old which is exactly ten years ago. I loved it. It has a great storyline, it's so colourful,pretty animations, it was a nice film.

I still love it very much today but the sense of appreciation is different. As I grow older, I've learnt more about the world, life and went beyond bad spelling. Instead of the visuals, I became more emotionally attached to it.

I am so tongue tied or maybe brain tied right now that I can't even write a coherent blog entry. I can't even put my feet on the ground as I'm floating on overwhelming emotions. What an adventure I just went on.

Thank goodness I work from home! If I have to go through all that dreadful traffic to get to work, reality will probably strike me like a lightning and I will suffer from the most severe withdrawal symptoms.

Anyway, have a great week ahead and if you need some sort of escapism,  try watching something from Studio Ghibli!       

No comments:

Post a Comment