Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rene's adventure when she was younger

Yesterday, my sister gave me this really old school 'triple 5  or more commonly known as 'buku tiga lima' note book. It was so nostalgic and i thought hey, why not take a stroll down memory lane.



I was born in the year 1990 and my childhood in a nutshell....

-Watching cartoons such as Captain Planet, Popeye the Sailor Man, The Adams Family, Tom & Jerry (and always feel bad for Tom)

-Thinking that the moon was following me and actually felt scared hahaha

- I always make sure that all soft toys are nicely placed on the bed so none of them will feel offended for not being able to sleep on my bed.

- Was forced to read story books especially books by Enid Blyton! Never liked her books but never understood why everyone gave me her books as birthday presents

- Archie comics and books by Roald Dahl are acceptable though

- Appeared in one of the 'Love our river' billboard ad and it was also printed into bookmarks and posters
Not in the centre but the very side

- Owns a pink ranger toy figurine and never missed an episode of Power Rangers and later moved on to Pokemon

- Ostrasized by my sister and cousins!! and today, none of them remembers anything about this except for me

- Was forced to attend Sunday school and church

- I was quite cheeky, always doing silly things to my sister hahahah maybe that's why my cousins and sister didn't want to play with me
 

- I would cheat all the time when I play the run with a ping pong ball on a spoon' game

- Boy band boom and I'm on team backstreet's back, alright!

- Was forced to attend piano lessons which lasted for four years and not even Grade 1.

- A Sony Walkman used to be so cool and a disc man is even cooler

-Home Alone was my favourite movie. Always wanted to try some of the tricks.

- Used to think that the movie 'Child's Play' is for kids and still very much traumatized by it today

- Used to think that the 'get set' from ready get set go, is actually 'cassette' and always wondered what song are they going to play

- SchuMi used to be world no.1 and I'll refer to him as the shoe maker

- Family vacation is always at Port Dickson or Frasers Hill


- The song 'Lemon Tree' was really popular (think Gangnam style)

-Bang my head against the floor when playing badminton.

- Had a running competition with my sister and when I finally finally finally overtook her, I fell down. The scars are still on my knee today!

 Ah the good old days. Looks like there's quite a bit of repression going on when I was younger. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment