Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's the talk of those who sees it

The weather at the Langkawi Island is like a temperamental woman. It rains and shine without any warning. The bottom line is its humid, hot, rain and all that other characteristics of a tropical island.

So when I came across a penguin fridge magnet that says 'Langkawi', I thought it was really hilarious. Hello? Langkawi is the house for a variety of wildlife and why are the penguins immortalized?

Being that person who would buy things to laugh at, I put one of it in my shopping basket. I felt really satisfied as I thought it would make a good story for one of those catch up sessions.

I did journalism back then in uni and I guess that part of me came back as I felt the need to find out the relation between pengs and Langkawi.

Googled and damn!! They do have penguins at Langkawi's underwater world! I can feel the bubble burst and I bet the penguin is secretly laughing at me!

I ranted about it to my boss (who laughed and bought the fridge magnet too) but unlike me, he defended for the fridge magnet like a proud owner. And he told me 'it is the talk of those who sees it'.

Not too sure what he sees in that fridge magnet but that sure strike a chord on me. Maybe instead of "damn, I laughed for nothing", life would be more enjoyable if I look at it as "my fridge would look so good with this".


No comments:

Post a Comment