Sunday, November 18, 2012

Graduation

Yesterday, I officially graduated. No pictures of me tossing the mortarboard because I did not attend the ceremony. I can't recall since when I've told myself that I will not attend my degree's graduation. Anyway, this entry is not about why I chose to graduate in absentia but some thoughts I had last night before going to bed.

Monash, although I've complained so much about the tuition fee, parking wars and overly flavoured cafeteria food, thank you so much for the amazing 3.5 years. I wouldn't be who I am or do what I am doing today if it's not because of you. So....we're pretty much even hah.

If to draw a graph of my years at uni, it would look really extreme. For one semester, I did so well that I received the Deans Recognition Award. And the next semester, I failed a literature subject and flushed my GPA down to the river of Kayu Ara, which explains the .5 year.

Fortunately, there were more good things than bad that happened throughout the years at Monash. Made some really amazing friends and thanks for still keeping in touch with me and being so patient especially when it comes to my ranting session.

Also, Sports Journalism was definitely one of the biggest highlight of uni life. I had so much fun, went through some silly moments, met a bunch of bonafide media representative, and to be able to write/read about things that you like feels really nice. But the best best best part is I was able to earn the best working experience ever thanks to Sports Journalism!

And not forgetting, I ate fire! 

Monash, if you don't mind having me back on campus again, I'll be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment